Friday, December 25, 2009

.... and now its all over!!!!


Wow... it always amazes me... this thing about Christmas... we prepare... we shop ... we bake .. we wrap... we shop again... hussle and bussle... we get frustrated... we're licking and stamping.. and writing out cards... waiting in lines... searching for just the right gift... our whole entire mind and mood is controlled... by the outcome of this holiday... buying things to please one another... preparing meals.. and buying too much food.. stuff our refrigerators.. with ALL THE LEFT OVERS.. (incidently there's nothing better than a left over turkey or ham sandwich)... and special Christmas cookies... to top things off... on an already over stuffed tummy... but we make the excuses cause we know its a holiday.. and commit ourselves yet again to another New Years Resolution... to loose weight.. not over eat... not over spend.. stay within our budgets.. and just be good to ourselves.. BUT I ask you.. do we really ever FOLLOW THROUGH??? on at least ONE of these resolutions??? Sure lots of times.. we at least make it through at least January ... but then there goes just one more year!! Come on people.. where is our discipline?? where is our drive.. ??? where is my mind??? But really folks... today is Christmas Day, December 25th, 2009...and I plan on making a change... taking on a commitment.. and real live promise to myself.. to finally follow through on something... but really many things... I will soon be celebrating my 50th birthday AHHHHHH!!! I can't believe it but its true... it seems like just yesterday.. that I was going to college, or getting married... or having a baby.. but now my daughter is already 13 and soon will be finishing school because it seems like these years are passing by quicker than I would like.. and there are STILL SOOOOO MANY THINGS I have not yet to finish.. sooooo for the FIRST THING I am planning on following through with my "bloggerist" career. The power of the internet has given us ALL free rein to be real authors of our own ideas.. and thats what I'm planning to do.. I was truly inspired by the movie "Julie and Julia" and Amy Adams' character who decided to like Nike says "JUST DO IT!" ... be persistent.. and complete an idea, a thought .. a commitment!! So this blog "Just My Take.. !!" is going to be just that.. "My take on life, ideas, interests, and The Art of Being a Mom!!!" We Moms have aspirations and ideas and even careers to pursue along with being a Mom.. So ladies lets get started... set some goals... make some REAL NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS... make some REAL COMMITMENTS TO YOURSELF... to follow through.. and enjoy your life to its fullest potential!!!!

I hope you enjoy and begin to follow ... and let me know YOUR thoughts and comments as I look forward to hearing from you soon!!!


With Warm Aloha and a Very
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all .. or as we
say here in the islands..."Mele Kalikimaka Hau'oli Makahiki Ho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment