Friday, August 7, 2009

"THE POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!"















Well, I just had a lovely experience and wanted to let all of you in on things!! Its truly amazing what people think they can get away with these days... and what makes me even more disgusted is that in these "economic downturn" times.. with tons of people getting laid off and out of work, factories closing, banks closing, bankruptcies, tourism numbers down, even school tuition up but enrollments down... and tons of people really looking for serious work there are people out there just ready to get you involved with something ridiculously stupid... but yet intriguing in the beginning.

I have been searching the internet looking for a way to be able to earn an income from home for quite some time now and have tried a bizillion ideas... and supposed job opportunities online.. which require start up costs, registration fees, one time fees, membership fees... you name it .. there are ALWAYS FEES!! NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE!! But I must say, this last wonderful experience taught me a bit of a lesson.. but has also made me even more skeptical of things. They say one of the things we can do to find this recession's silver lining is to "rethink your career"... many of these situations that are happening to us may be just a "kick in the pants" or a just plain "wake up call!!"... Lets face it we are all in this boat together.. and I believe that all of this "downturn" stuff is pulling us all a little closer and making us realize what really are the important things in our lives...

So hopefully we can avoid some of the scum and scam out there... and one thing I just experienced.. was a MYSTERY SHOPPING SCAM... everyone BEWARE.. !!! I answered an email regarding a Mystery Shopping assignment .. and there was no cost up front so I figured, what the heck.. I'll try it.. The gentleman that sent me the email.. including assignment instructions.. also forwarded me info to track the check he was sending me through UPS.. I kind of thought it was too good to be true ... since the check was for $3,600.00 and he wanted me to cash it and complete the assignment as soon as I received it. I emailed him with the common rules to cash an out of town check.. and verifying funds.. etc.. He told me that I should be able to cash the check as long as I had good standing with my bank. DID HE REALLY THINK I WAS A TOTAL IDOT or what...!!! Anyone knows that they have to verify the funds!! With that in mind after receiving the check with prompt delivery from UPS .. I saw that the check was from an entirely different company and bank than he mentioned in his email... so being as skeptical as I was I proceeded to contact the company the check was from.. and they thanked me over and over and even had me speak to their company attorneys with my information as this was indeed a FRAUDULENT CHECK!! Additionally, this company verified that all the info on the check, like account numbers etc... was indeed correct, BUT it was NEVER ISSUED BY THEM!! Needless to say I sent a congratulatory email to my Mystery Shopper friend.. and thanked him for giving me yet another wonderful informative subject to write about!! Pretty sad what people will lower themselves to do... not to mention that they must not have too many other important things in their lives to do... there are SO MANY WAY to be helping each other rather than trying to ruin each others lives... anyway, this is exactly why I am writing today... to inform all of you to BEWARE of these internet scams!! They are truly out there...

Dont get me wrong.. I really do love the internet.. if it didnt exist.. I wouldnt be able to be writing to all of you today and warning you!! Also, I wouldnt have been able to find out all of my info about where this check was from, what bank etc... or find long lost friends and or relatives... or shop and save on different items.. with the special convenience that it offers...but like everything in life... there are goods and bads with everything..

So my advice is keep truly enjoying the internet and all that it offers... learn, write, read and explore. It is truly filled with loads of valuable information .. but please, trust your gut .. be careful of all of these internet scams.. use it to research and investigate and protect yourself.. and please let others know as well ... so we then can all learn from experience.. and dangerous situations out there.. after all we're all in this together... lets think and help one another.. life is too short !! Thinking of all of you!!! Be safe.. Aloha!!













No comments:

Post a Comment