Monday, August 30, 2010

Do you ever feel FAT ... like me (sometimes??)



 I just picked up this book.... "Women Food and God" by Geneen Roth.. she was on the Oprah show recently .. she discusses women's compulsive eating issues... whether they are really hungry or not.. and really "Why do we eat??"  but somehow I felt drawn to read it.... as I eat my "diet" tuna sandwich...


 Do you ever just feel fat, ugly, undesirable, worthless???  I think there are probably ALOT OF PEOPLE... that feel this way from time to time... maybe even more times than they would like to admit.  Life, the media, magazines... tv, websites, you name it ... its all drawn on looking "perfect" or what THEY think looks perfect.... I mean was there every any "SKINNY" jeans when we went to school??  Lets face it... we all think about it ...we all have tried a diet or two or three... ??? Especially us "middle" aged women dealing with menopause, puberty and whats for dinner tonight???  This weight and FIT "thing" can get us ALL a little NUTS to say the least...  I guess I decided to write about this WEIGHT issue, because as of late... this WEIGHT thing sucks!!!  I had never ever had to worry about weight before ... until this time in my life and never realized how hard it is to focus and be disciplined when there are so many OTHER things going on in life... 


Like they say... " you would be surprised how much you can accomplish, when you put your mind to it...!!"


I've tried soooo many diets, pills, plans, gimmicks, routines and ideas..... I get so tired just thinking about it... but more frustrated when things don't work... sometimes I feel like a pin ball in a pin ball machine.. bouncing bouncing...bouncing ..from barrier to barrier only to get to another dead end..  I like and follow Weight Watchers which I truly believe to be the best REAL FOOD program...from all of my research... but I AM reading this book to see what the real connection is between Women, Food and God... I do have a strong faith.. but sometimes.. like any human being ... the negativity of the world looms over and is extreeeeeeemely overwhelming to say the least......


I know this in my heart... and I know I must continue to have FAITH........ I wish we knew what things will work and what won't ... but the fact still remains God is the ONLY ONE ... with the plan...  we must have FAITH..What does this really mean?? What is FAITH anyway..??  I guess I've heard it said best is "Faith is not believing that God can... its believing that HE WILL!!"  and I know YOU and I have FAITH.....  Have Faith... A Hui Ho!!



No comments:

Post a Comment